INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when using the Services. For example, we collect information when you download our mobile application(s), register for our Services, sign up for an Account, complete a form, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing and billing address and payment information, and any other information you choose to provide. For purposes of registering and using the Services, we collect certain information that can identify you, such as your name and contact information (email, address and phone number) (“Personal Information”). We will never sell, rent, trade or use Personal Information other than as needed to provide the Services requested by you. liblab discloses Personal Information only to those of its employees, contractors, Third Party Service Providers and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know the information in order to process it on yours and our behalf, and (ii) that have agreed in writing to non-disclosure restrictions at least as strong as those herein. We also may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Services, we may also ask for other information relevant to your use of the Services.
You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with liblab or our third-party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by liblab. You consent to the monitoring and recording of all conversations between you and liblab and you release us from and against any and all claims, liabilities and losses that may result from any such monitored and/or recorded conversations.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services. Publicly available tools can sometimes provide the approximate location for IP addresses.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use the Services:
- Details of how you used and interacted with the Services, such as your search queries and how you responded to certain questions.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track your movements around the Services and understand trends.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, we may collect information about you from Third Party Service Providers who provide services on our behalf, such as maintaining and monitoring usage of the Services and processing payment transactions. We also may receive information about you from the third parties with whom you interact through the Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including the following:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services that you opt-in to receive;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Verify your identity and, if applicable, authorization for you to use the Services;
- Process payment for Services;
- Facilitate use of the Services;
- Manage your Account and your preferences;
- To prevent or address service, security, technical issues at your request in connection with customer support matters
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Send you technical notices and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us or others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Conduct research, analysis, and surveys;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Enforce our Terms;
- Link or combine with information we get from others in connection with the Services;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or de-identified so it is no longer associated with an identifiable user of the Services. In other words, information about how you use the Services may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same Services, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With third party affiliates, contractors, and other Third Party Service Providers in connection with providing the Services;
- With affiliates, contractors, and other Third Party Service Providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our Terms or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of you, us, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Services that certain information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide this information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We work hard to protect your information and take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from loss, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure regardless of how or where it is stored. Our security practices include: encrypting many of our services using SSL; verification for account access; and frequent review of information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. However, no internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
liblab reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law provides California residents (as defined in Section 17014 of title 18 of the California Code of Regulations) (“Consumer”) with specific rights regarding information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (some of which may also constitute Personally Identifiable Information). The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) refers to such information as “personal information”. This section describes the rights that California Consumers have and explains how to exercise those rights, subject in all cases to any limitations set forth in the CCPA.
liblab shall comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA”), which may be amended from time to time. Per the terms of the CCPA, liblab is a Service Provider and not a Third Party as described in the CCPA. Therefore, liblab shall not:
- Sell the Personal Information.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the Services or for a Business Purpose. Specifically, liblab shall not retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information for a Commercial Purpose.
- Retain, use, or disclose the Personal Information outside of the direct business relationship between liblab and its Users.
Notwithstanding anything in the Terms or any related order form or other document, the parties acknowledge and agree that a User’s provision of Personal Information is not part of and explicitly excluded from the exchange of consideration, or any other thing of value, between the parties.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to [email protected].
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. However, we may retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under the CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity.
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by emailing us at [email protected]. Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information or an authorized representative of that person.
We will respond to consumer requests in a reasonably timely manner. If we require extra time to respond, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. In order to protect the security of your personal information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will depend on the type, sensitivity, and value of the information, including the risk of harm to you posed by any authorized access or deletion. Generally speaking, verification will be performed by matching the identifying information provided by you to the personal information that we already have. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request (and will not be made more than twice in a 12-month period). If we cannot comply with a request, or cannot fully comply with a request, the response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply.
We do not sell your Personally Identifiable Information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are intended for users who are eighteen (18) years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
We will retain your Personal Information for the period of time that is necessary to fulfill the original purposes for which it has been collected. Please keep in mind that, in certain cases, a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law or to allow us to pursue our business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements or resolve any dispute.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- Time needed to provide you with our Services.
- Whether your Account with us is active. You may contact us to make your Account inactive at any time.
- Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your data, such as mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of contract or litigation.
Please note that we are not responsible for storing any information that you provide to us or for any content or information that we provide to you. You are solely responsible for retaining backup files of any information and content that you provide or receive in connection with the Services.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION; INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed and provides access to such personal data. It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of his or her personal data, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed and the purposes of the processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal data about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure.” It is an individual’s right to have personal data erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal data from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at [email protected]. Legal Bases for Processing: We rely on the following legal basis to process your personal data: (i) it may be necessary for us to use and disclose your personal data for the performance and fulfillment of the contract between us and to provide you with our services; (ii) if you specifically consent to certain uses of your personal data, we may use your personal data in a manner consistent with that consent; and (iii) we will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
By providing Personal Information to us, you expressly consent to receive messaging and information from us. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your Account or our ongoing business relations.
Please note that there might be a brief delay between when you submit your request to 'opt-out' and when it is processed and reflected in our systems; accordingly, you may continue to receive communications from us for a limited time after you unsubscribe. We appreciate your patience.
We will not discriminate against you because you elect to exercise any of the rights related to your Personal Information, including but not limited to:
- Denying you products or Services;
- Charging you different prices or rates for Services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties on you;
- Providing a different level or quality of Services to you;
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for Services or a different level or quality of Services.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, or our information practices, please contact us by email at [email protected].